Comics, comic books, manga, cartoons, graphic novels...call it whatever you want, but you know it has its place on Whakoom. Sometimes, however, things aren’t so clear and the line that marks what can enter your Collection and what should be left out can sometimes be difficult to recognize.
The Whakoom database is basically made up of comic books, although some exceptions are allowed, albeit totally related to the world of comics.
Note: At Whakoom we basically support comics, but not just comics. Confused? Keep reading!
In the Whakoom database, we accept any publication that contains a comic or is closely related to the world of comics, which would be:
- Good ‘ol classic comics on paper
- Official Digital Editions
- Comic-related magazines
- Illustration books, as long as they are related to the world of comics. (Something like this picture book)
- Animation illustration books (anime, etc).
- Japanese light novels, as long as they are related to the world of comics (for example, this ranobe)
- Books that, although they do not contain comics, have been included within a comic book collection by their own publisher .
- Books that, without being comics, deal entirely with the world of comics, their authors or characters. (something like this publishing)
Any material that does not fit into any of the above categories must be left out of the Whakoom database. Therefore, we will not be able to accept: Unauthorized editions or any book that does not meet at least some of the conditions indicated above. Similarly, we will also not accept publications such as newspapers or magazines, even if they contain a page or two of comics . At the moment, we do not accept Merchandise either, although we know that for many of you this type of material is part of your collection - in the future we will try to accommodate it.
Any reader who locates questionable content can sugest a change. We will analyze it and, if necessary, we will remove it as soon as possible. In some cases (there really aren't too many) it's a matter of nuance whether or not we can admit a publication in the database. In case of doubt, it may be best to ask.
Together, you and us will keep the Whakoom database clean and up to date.
Please sign in to leave a comment.