The signatures that are in your comics are part of your collection, and therefore, they also have their place in Whakoom. Something similar happens with the original art: If you have an original page, you can include it in the comic in which it was published and if it is unpublished material - a commission for example - you can also add it to your Collection, because it's cool and we want to see it!
PRO Advantage: This functionality is part of the exclusive advantages of Whakoom PRO.
What can you upload?
We have called it Originals to simplify it, but we mean: All your treasures drawn by professional artists. Now notice, I said broad, not abysmal; We all have a nephew with a crayon box, but this is not the best place for his art, especially now that children can send their drawings to be printed on cookies.
- Signatures and original pages in a comic
- Original art of both published and unpublished material (commissions)
How do I upload a signature or art from the web?
You can upload your image from a computer or with the mobile camera. It all depends on whether the image you want to upload is associated with a specific comic or not:
Signatures in a comic
- From the Web: From the My comic area, click on any of the circles to open the options and select the file. Once you have done it, you can apply a whitening filter, in case the page is a bit yellowish, and add a description and the name of the writer or artist.
- From the app: From the My Comic area, click Sig and then + at the bottom of the page. A dialog will appear an you would be able to choose between snapping a photo or choosing it from your gallery. You can then include a description of the signature and its author.
When you upload your image, it will appear both in the comic screen and your Originals.
If you want to upload a commission or art without linking it to a comic
- From the web: Access to My Originals, click + to add an Original that is not in a comic and open the file you want. When you do this, you’ll be able to whiten the image if the original is yellowish and add a description of the original and its writer or artist.
- From the app: Go to My Collection, Originals and tap on + to add an Original that is not in a comic. In the upload picture screen you will be able to selecto between taking a photo or choosing one from your gallery and then tap upload.
Once you upload the image, it will appear in your Originals, and you will be able to see it both from your Collection and in your public profile.
In short: You can upload photos of your signatures, and original art, and associate them with the comic where they were published. If it is unpublished material, it will only appear in My Originals.